Road Trip to Malacca!
Road trip to Malacca!
Date: 28 - 29 Apr (Sat/Sun)
- A Ong
Suggestions for hotel?
- Hotel rennaissance
- friends of mine who're regular to Malacca highly recommend this one! good location to greatttt food! (~S$106-135/rm). 14 days advance booking == S$106 incl breakfast!
- Courtyard Hereen
- same group of friends been wanting to check this hotel out ; pretty!
- Hotel Puri
- another highly regarded hotel! rustic, intimate boutique hotel
- luxurious! good location too! but full liao ;(
Coach Chen's car!
Let's go for 'comfy' ride, ok?
It's gonna be fun!!
List down some of the things u die die must try/do/eat
7.30 am depart East?
11am? check in.. try to.. anyway? if not, loiter ard for lunch?
lunch: char siew rice
lunch 2: chicken rice ball + chendol!!! (jonker walk)
in between… chendol breaks!
4pm: fatman popiah must eat!!!
Dinner: crabs zichar near hotel! (don't care abt u guys, i must eat this!!)
dinner 2: fried oyster + hokkien mee (those black sweet sauced udon)
List your desires!
- chicken rice ball ( chung wah ) => http://www.onestopmalaysia.com/food-reviews/malacca/chung-wah-chicken-rice-ball.html
- satay celup ( Capitol Satay Celup ) => http://www.vkeong.com/2009/05/satay-celup-ban-lee-siang-jalan-ong-kim-wee-melaka/
- peranakan => http://2bearbear.com/restoran-ole-sayang-one-of-the-most-reputable-peranakan-restaurant-in-malacca/
- Asam Laksa
- salt baked crab
- salted egg yoke crab
- Jalan Bunga Raya Fried Oyster => http://www.kenwooi.com/2011/10/malacca-famous-fried-oyster.html
- wanton noodles
- Hing Loong‘s famous Taiwan Beef and Pork Noodles ( Gajah Berang )
- portuguese food => http://food-4-thot.blogspot.com/2010/01/restaurant-san-pedro-portuguese.html
- Klebang Original Coconut Shake
- dessert => http://2bearbear.com/jonker-88-jonker-street-malacca-attractions/
- putu piring thing (forgot the name they call there)
- roasted meats (heard got very good ones there!)
- char siew / roast pork rice => http://lmeichil.blogspot.com/2011/07/crispy-roasted-pork-malacca.html
- popiah (fatman!!!!!!!!! die die must eat!)
- some people buy blocks of gula melaka sugar…
- Tan Kim Hock building => http://junjun17.blogspot.com/2007/05/tan-kim-hock-melaka-snack-king.html
- jonker street walk walk?
- mahkota parade => http://www.hektargroup.com/mahkotaparade/
- dataran pahlawan mega mall => http://www.dataranpahlawan.com/home/index.aspx?page=home
- let's squeeze in some foot massage after our food therapy (involves quite a bit of walking)
- Data connection: think we can buy a local prepaid card and tether that to rest of us?