Team CPL Information
General information page for organising some of Team CPL's cycling trips. You're also invited to update this page accordingly (well, at least indicate your interest in this?).
Table of Contents
30 Mar: Draft v0.1
Date: 2 Apr Evening (Fri) till 3 Apr (Sat) Early Morning
Time: 730pm . set off 8pm
Location: Meet@Simpang Bedok
Route: to be confirmed
Distance : 130km
Speed : max. 25kmh.
Vote Your dates!
Indicate your available dates!
Your meals, drinks, ciggies. Include cab fare!
(Please edit/update your status)
If I forgot to invite whoever — pls update /jio for me , yea? Thanks!
Going (Confirmed + Put Stamp!) - Indicate if you bringing/renting bike
- Alvin (Addict) - Volunteering to be 1 of safety cyclists if I can make it
- Josh - I also volunteer to be safety (sweeper) cyclist.. i will be there..
- Lee — Navigator
- Avery — follower
- Alvin formerly known as Alvin Giant (is now not coming lol)
- Wee Ping
Interested Party (roughly include the bike type you wanna use)
Can't make it
Jioed (pls feel free to add new names to jio)
As the group has people residing over a huge area, we've a few meetup points for you to ride with your fellow constituents. Alternatively, you're free to ride/drive alone and rendezvous at rally point.
MEET AT MANDARIN GARDENS BUS STOP @ 7:30pm, then proceed to Simpang Bedok
- Designate Safety Riders
- Designate Bike Mechanics
- Designate Navigator
- Designate Support Logistics (extra water, inner tubes, etc)
Things to bring / do: Pre-ride & Ride
- Water (LOTS!)
- Protective gear (helmet) Please ensure u're adequately protected! (Opt)
- Lights — Front and Rear (do check for your batteries!)
- Bike — Can borrow/ask around (Opt)
- General first aid (Opt)
- Camera (P&S type) (Opt)
- Inner tubes/tools/pump (Opt)
- Please give the following information to the organiser:
- Blood type
- Next of Kin Contact and Relationship
- Medical Allergy/History
- Advisable to put ICE Entry into your contact list, etc.
- REMEMBER the Safety Rules
For your safety and our peace of mind, pls adhere to the following rules, on top of common sense:
- Know who are the leaders (navigators) and sweepers of the group
- NEVER overtake the leader/navigator
- If you see the sweeper in front of you, shout out to him so that he knows you're left behind!
- Keep left of the road
- Try to keep to SINGLE FILE
- If there's cars behind you, NEVER look back while cycling.
- No funny stunts (esp don't weave left n right like Valentino Rossi — you're not him)
- Echo (echo… echo… echooo… echoooooooooooo) down/up the message
Things to do: Post-ride
These are not compulsory, they're simply recommendations for your maximum comfort.
:-) late nite foot massage at FEET PRESS at siglap next to UOB.
Weekends, last appt. 2am
tel : 6242 0320
- Post pictures up to make others green with envy
On Road, with real idiotic Singaporean drivers
Renting of bikes: S$10 per day@Changi; Bike Boutique (Amoy St) rents road bikes
This section is outdated, will need inputs from rest of world here:
http://pedaldamnit.blogspot.com/search/label/Malaysia — highly recommended reading on what's in store! Ride in Peace, Ben!
Not needed here. ;)
Disclaimer / Indemnity
Pls declare if you think you're seriously newbie in cycling so we can all avoid you collectively — j/k :P